QUALITY ASSURANCE & RISK MANAGEMENT PLAN
Purpose and Objectives
The purpose of the Quality Assurance & Risk Management Plan is to ensure the delivery of the highest quality of care to patients in the most efficient and effective manner and to protect the life and welfare of Midwest Endoscopy Center patients and employees. The program is designed to meet the following objectives:
- Ensure patients and their families are treated with respect and dignity.
- Maintain quality of care in accordance with the Nursing and Medical Standards of Care.
- Provide a coordinated method of data collection to identify and assess clinical and administration problems.
- Develop problem correction and monitoring methods to assure that identified problems do not occur.
- Encourage educational activities to promote a safe environment for employees, patients and visitors.
- Assure through credentialing, staff development and evaluations that all staff are qualified professionals.
- Evaluate the Quality Assurance & Risk Management Program periodically, revise as needed and submit a written report to the Governing Board.