Thank you for choosing Midwest Endoscopy Center as your choice for your procedures. We feel it is important to our professional relationship that you have an understanding of how we handle payment and insurance requirements. In an effort to control healthcare costs, our office has developed the following policy:
- New Patients are expected to complete a registration form and provide our office their insurance information and a picture ID. Established patients must update their personal and insurance information as and when it changes
- All copay must be paid at the time of service.Payment can be made with cash, check or credit card. Please note we will charge 3% surcharge for credit card payments.
- If the patient does not have insurance or cannot provide proof of insurance or MD is not contracted with their insurance company, payment in full will be made at the time of service
- If patient is covered by Medicare or Medicaid, and the patient does not present medical eligibility at the time of service, payment for the service will be made in full at the time of the service.
- Our office files insurance claims to insurance companies with whom we are contracted. Patient will receive a monthly statement from our office, even if payment is pending with your insurance company. Prior to your visit contact your insurance to confirm your co-insurance and deductible.Co-insurance and deductibles are the patient’s responsibilityand may have to be paid at the time of service.
- Your appointment is reserved for you. Should you need to cancel or change the date of your appointment, we require at least 24-hour notice as a courtesy to other patients seeking appointments. If less than 24-hour notice is given, if you miss an appointment, then a cancellation fee or missed appointment fee may apply.
- There are services not routinely covered by insurance that will be the patient’s responsibility; e.g. request for medical records.
- Patient will receive a separate statement for laboratory services provided by our reference pathology laboratory for processing biopsies.
- Self payfor endoscopic procedures are expected to be paid at the time of service.